Saturday, January 29, 2011

London Recap

Hey I didn't really have a chance to use the internet much in London, so in summary, LONDON IS AWESOME! We only had about a day and a half to explore, but we managed to see these wonderful sights:
We were talking to a local police man and he joked, "Yeah, that thing is getting old. Next year, they'll be replacing it with a digital one." 



 Buckingham Palace

 Telephone booth!
 The bridge that was in the Harry Potter movie!
 Tower Bridge!
 Me in front of Tower bridge
 The tower of London. We didnt go inside because it was a little expensive
The eye!
Sorry this post is long, its mostly pictures. Anyways London was amazing and I wish we could have had more time, but the good news is that early this morning we flew to St. Petersburg!! I am in my dorm and we currently are sharing the internet which means I should sign off to let my roommate have a turn. I'll post about St. Petersburg more tomorrow, after we have explored and moved in but for right now, I'll just tell you that I love it here, its not as cold as I thought, and it looks like its gonna be a GREAT semester! Also, I am on 2 hours of sleep, so sorry if this is not very coherent. 

3 comments:

  1. Haha, if big ben went digital I think the whole world would cry a little inside. Your picture of the eye is probably my favorite, it looks like you had a great time wandering around London!! Glad to hear you're safe in St. Petersburg and that everything's going well :D, post some pictures of that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE PICTURES!!!! HAVE TONS OF FUN!!!!-Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice call on the HP bridge :) Glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete