Tuesday, March 29, 2011

delayed pictures and events

I have been keeping myself pretty busy this week. This past weekend I got to see the Pushkin's apartment and St. Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra play because Kelcey's mom plays the violin for them. They were so wonderful and the performance was really great! AIFS is taking us to an orchestra this weekend too, so I get two in a week! Yesterday we went to the Russian museum, where the AIFS art history class goes every week. It was really nice, and fairly small, so we were able to see the whole thing in a few hours. Later that night, I went to another grocery store, which has an international foods section so I was able to make tacos last night! They were really good. Today after class, I went back to the Hermitage, the huge museum that in theory takes years to go through. We were there until they closed and we saw one very small section of one floor! We did, however, see the new Spanish exhibit, which was great. We plan on going back often to see how much of it we can see. They started to talk to us about end-of-the-semester business, which is making me realize how quickly this semester has passed and how soon the end is. I really will be sad to leave, and I still have so much to do and see. If there is anything that you have heard about St. Petersburg that you think would be enjoyable, leave a comment and I will try my best to go check it out. Anyways here are the very delayed pictures from spring break:

In the red square in Moscow
Although it was closed, we got to see the outside of Lenin's mausoleum 

                                                        
It is good luck to throw a coin over your shoulder, sort of like a dry wishing well
Tiger at the Russian circus


Norway landscapes are breathtaking, and the entire country is beautiful, from what I could tell


Again, Norway is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment