Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring break part 2

Hey sorry it took me so long to do part 2, we had midterms and I got caught up studying. Anyways where was I? Oh so the train ride back to Oslo from Bodo was beautiful. We had gorgeous weather (again) and we were sad to be leaving Norway....Until we got to Barcelona. We got there in the afternoon and we wandered around the city for a bit before we went to Nidhi's dorm (where we were staying). We saw La Sagrada Familia and took lots of pictures (coming soon!). There was so much sun, which made me so happy. Then we met up with Nidhi at her place (which is amazing) and she and I went out for tapas. I had forgotten how wonderful tapas in Spain were! Later we went to a bar to celebrate St. Patty's day for a bit and then we walked back to her dorm. It was wonderful to walk around without a coat.
   The next morning I caught a morning train to Tarragona. It was so wonderful to be back. Not much had changed and the best part was seeing my host parents waiting for me at their flat. Words cant describe how happy I was to see them. We walked around the city a little bit and then had a delicious seafood lunch! As they did when I was with them in high school, they fed me very well. We had delicious Tarragona seafood, amazing Spanish ham, and STRAWBERRIES! We caught up for 3 hours and surprisingly, we had a seamless conversation (I thought I would have forgotten all my spanish). They told me I was always welcome to come back because it was my home too. I was so sad to leave them again, but I hope to be able to return soon. I also met up with Nina, the director of IH (the program through which I went to Spain in high school) and met her adorable daughter Emma. It was so great to see old family and friends, but in the afternoon I had to go back to Barca. One day was not nearly enough. Also, we lucked out and got the first sunny day in a week. And it was REALLY sunny!
    Anyways the next morning we had to get up at 4am to catch a bus to the airport to fly to Oslo to fly to Tallinn to take a bus to St. Petersburg. Immigration was way less painful than I thought it would be and even though I miss Spain terribly, it does feel good to be back home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment